What I love about Amplicate
- Amplicate is a great tool to quickly evaluate what online users think about a popular brand, celebrity or topic.
- Easy to read charts and graphs
- Coverage of a wide variety of broad and niche topics
- The site is based around strong opinions for topics, therefore it only tracks and records keywords like “love” and “hate” when mentioning a brand. But no one has perfected sentiment analysis yet so I can’t blame them.
- Make sure to take the data with a grain of salt by itself. I think this is a great starting point for simple social research but it definitely needs to be supplemented with other tools.
- It only tracks popular topics so if what you’re searching for isn’t talked about much online, don’t expect to find it.
Overall, I love it. Amplicate is free, it’s insightful and easy to use. But beware, it’s extremely easy to lose track of time while hopping from topic to topic while feeling productive!
Your turn. What do you think of Amplicate? Have you found any really great uses for it? Let me know in the comments!